At Chorus Homes we always want to provide an excellent service. This page, which is also our policy, provides our customers with all the information they require to let us know when we have achieved this, or make suggestions.
At times our service delivery may fall below the high quality we are committed to. Where a customer has reason to express dissatisfaction or we have failed to deliver a high-quality service, we are committed to resolving this in a fair, transparent and consistent way.
We also know that sometimes things can go wrong. If this happens, please tell us. Once we know, we can put things right, and prevent similar things happening in the future by learning from our mistakes.
How to provide feedback
It is easy to compliment, make a suggestion, or complain about our service. You do not have to fill in a special form or even put it in writing. Any member of any team can log this for you, and the following options are available to you:
- Using one of the online forms (see below) or email email@example.com
- In person at our head office
- Any other appropriate means of communication
If you would like to provide feedback on the service you have received, but would not like to follow the complaints process, we are happy to receive your suggestions and log these as an observation. Your comments would be referred to the relevant manager to consider, and there would be no further contact with you about the matter. Click here for the feedback form.
When you have had an excellent experience of customer service, we would love to hear from you. Receiving praise for providing good customer service helps teams and individuals to improve and share areas of best practice. Your compliment will be sent to the line manager and the colleague(s) concerned, and we then share these within the organisation. Click here for the compliments form.
A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction, about the standard of service, actions or lack of action affecting an individual customer or group of customers, where the initial response does not prove satisfactory.
A complaint can be made when we have:
- Failed to provide a service when we should
- Provided a poor standard of service
- Made a mistake in the way we have provided the service
- Failed to meet our existing service standards or complied with our policies
- Where applicable, a complaint can also be raised as formal appeal to actions or decisions, for example a lettings offer we have chosen not to proceed, or a rechargeable repair.
The complaint procedure is not for:
- Making a request for service or information
- Anonymous complaints
- Reports of antisocial behaviour (these will be dealt with as antisocial behaviour cases)
- Things that happened more than 6 months ago which have not been raised since
- Complaints about other organisations, such as local authorities
- Where a separate appeals process has been instigated
- Settling a dispute which is considered a legal matter
- Insurance claims.
This list is not exhaustive. Our customer engagement team can help you to provide feedback.
How can I make a complaint?
Complaints will be accepted:
- In person
- In writing: Customer Service Centre, Chorus Homes Group, Brook House, Ouse Walk, Huntingdon PE29 3QW
- By calling 0345 2669 760
- Via our online complaints form
Please tell a member of staff that you would like to make a complaint. Your complaint will be logged and you will be given a reference number and details of the service manager who will be working with you to try to put things right. If we need more information we may contact you to ensure we have all the details to enable us to investigate your complaint fully.
If you would like someone to help you with the complaints process, please contact the Customer Services Team. Examples of the ways in which we could help you are:
- We may appoint a designated person to help you through the process
- We may give you help to overcome barriers due to language or disability
- We accept complaints from advocates authorised to act on a customer’s behalf. If you would like to make a complaint online, click here for the complaint form.
Our Complaints Procedure
For more information, you can read our Complaints Procedure here.