Help us to help you

If you are struggling to pay please get in touch as soon as possible.  We understand that money may be a worry right now, but it’s really important to keep paying your rent.

Archived content

This article was created over 12 months ago. It may contain information or references to services, projects and initiatives which are no longer available. For up-to-date customer help and support please visit our advice centre.

FacebookTwitteremail Published

Keep in touch

If you are having trouble paying your rent, contact us now to discuss how we can help you.  It’s important to keep in touch — together we can work out a way of keeping you in your home.  To get in touch call 0345 266 9760 — Select Option 1 or email

How we can help:

We can give you support and guidance if you are struggling to pay your rent. Working together with you we can:

  • Put affordable payment plans in place
  • Help you with Universal Credit claims, Housing Benefit claims and discretionary housing payment or hardship applications
  • Discuss payment arrangements that are in place to make sure they are still affordable for you
  • Help you with benefit entitlement checks
  • Provide support and training to help you access online services
  • Signpost you to external support if needed.

Government guidance

The Government’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance for Landlords and Tenants says:

Tenants should continue to pay rent and abide by all other terms of their tenancy agreement to the best of their ability. The Government has a strong package of financial support available to tenants, and where they can pay the rent as normal, they should do. Tenants who are unable to do so should speak to their landlord at the earliest opportunity.

More information can be found on the Government website 

In many if not most cases, the COVID-19 outbreak will not affect tenants’ ability to pay rent.

If your ability to pay will be affected, it’s important to have an early conversation with your landlord. Rent levels agreed in your tenancy agreement remain legally due and you should discuss with your landlord if you are in difficulty.