Chorus Homes is required to keep its properties and neighbourhoods in a good state of repair. It also has the following commitments to fulfil, which are summarised below:
What we will do
- Keep neighbourhood and communal areas associated with the homes that Chorus Homes Group owns clean and safe
- Work in partnership with its tenants and other providers and public bodies where it is effective to do so
- Co-operate with relevant partners to help promote social, environmental and economic wellbeing in the areas where it owns properties
- Consult with tenants, shared owners and leaseholders, in developing the neighbourhood management policy for maintaining and improving the neighbourhoods associated with its homes. This applies where it has a responsibility (either exclusively or in part) for the condition of that neighbourhood
- Include any communal areas associated with its homes, within its policy.
We run the service based on a number of procedures (day-to-day working practices) and use customer feedback to see where we are doing well and where there are areas for improvement. We use the following feedback to measure the service:
- Customers’ satisfaction with the grounds maintenance service
- Customers’ satisfaction with the cleaning services
- Complaints about the grounds maintenance service
- Complaints about the cleaning services
- Performance indicators (statistics which tell us how well a service is performing) within a special compliance dashboard (a collection of performance statistics) which monitor fire safety, electrical safety, asbestos management, servicing of passenger lifts and our automated access systems.