A social enterprise is run like a traditional business, in that it creates a cash surplus from core business activities. The big difference is that this surplus is reinvested back into the business to support its social value activities. This allows HOPE to tackle social problems, improve people’s life chances, provide training and employment opportunities for those furthest from the market, support communities and help the environment.
At the heart of what we do are these three principles:
- Run a sustainable business – creating a "profit" that can be reinvested
- Reuse and recycle to reduce our environmental footprint
- Create positive social change that tackles social problems and improves people’s life chances
HOPE is committed to the reuse/recycle ethos, and we have a second-hand furniture shop in Oxmoor which sells pre-loved furniture and household goods at affordable prices.
There are different ranges within the shop to suit all budgets and styles. You can find everything you need to make your house a home, including:
- Beds and bedroom furniture
- Sofas and armchairs
- Tables and chairs
- Fridges and freezers
- Kitchen accessories and utensils
- Curtains and cushions
- Plus lots more!
Visit us at Unit 11, Glebe Road, Huntingdon, PE29 7HH or call us on 01480 428355.
Opening hours are Monday to Thursday, 9.30am to 3.30pm.
HOPE offers volunteering opportunities for people who are long and short term unemployed across our cleaning and landscape maintenance work and furniture recycling project. Volunteers join our team of experienced and enthusiastic staff and spend time developing work based skills through meaningful work placements.
Our aim is to:
- Offer new chances to people who are disadvantaged or want to develop new skills
- Support individuals to gain confidence in their abilities and ambitions for their future
- Provide employment and training opportunities
- Inspire individuals on their journey towards employment
If you are interested in our employability offer or visiting our second-hand furniture shop, please get in touch or drop in and see us.