All the staff in our Neighbourhood Services Team can give you good advice on housing and other benefits. However, if you have benefit problems or financial difficulties and debts you may want further in-depth advice.

Did you know that if you pay water charges in with your rent, and there are only one or two people in your household, you could save money by switching to a water meter? To find out, either go online or ring your water company. Their contact details are:

Anglian Water
Tel: 03457 919155

Cambridge Water
Tel: 01223 706050

Help available from other agencies

Debt Advice is available from:


The Money Advice Service

Tel: 0300 500 5000

National Debtline

Tel: 0808 808 4000

Debt Support Trust

Tel: 0800 085 0226 Email:

StepChange Debt Charity

Tel:0800 138 1111

Samaritans Advice Helpline

Tel:116 123

Raise (An independent charity which gives free financial advice and training.)

Tel: 0151 291 7850

Christians Against Poverty (CAP) (A charity that provides debt counselling and financial training.)


Cambridge Money Advice Centre

Tel: 01223 727455

Cambridge and District Citizens Advice

Tel: 01223 222660

John Huntingdon Charity

Tel: 01223 492 492 Email:

Cambridge Citizens Advice Bureau

Tel: 03448 487 979

The Bridge Money Advice Centre – St.Ives

Tel: 01480 498 802

Making Money Count (Help with money for people in Fenland)

Tel: 0800 111 6447 Email: